Is your electrical outlet not working or emitting a foul burning smell? Would you like to add a new outlet or two to your bedroom, home office, or garage? It’s time to call the pros from Craig’s Electrical & Generator Service! If you need outlet wiring installation in New Orleans, trust our reliable team to do the job right.
We’ve proudly served homeowners and business owners throughout southeast Louisiana for many years. Don’t risk the dangers of installing or repairing an electrical outlet yourself; call the experts to handle the job for you!
For electrical outlet installation quotes near New Orleans, LA, call us at (504) 677-1023.
Our Electrical Outlet Services
If you need a new electrical outlet installed or one of your home’s outlets has stopped working, we’re the ones to call! Craig’s Electrical & Generator Service is your one-stop shop for all things electric. Learn more about what we can do for you below.
Electrical Outlet Installation Near New Orleans, LA
Many homeowners watch a few videos on electrical outlet installation and think they’re all set to do it themselves. The truth is that DIY types make all sorts of mistakes when they’re not careful, some of which can be incredibly dangerous. These mistakes include:
- Cutting wires too short, which makes it hard to form connections
- Leaving outlets hanging loose
- Making connections outside of electrical boxes
- Leaving plastic-sheathed cables unprotected
- Installing outlets too close to showers and bathtubs
- Installing three-slot receptacles with no ground wire
- Reversing neutral and hot wires
As you can see, there’s a lot to consider when it comes to new outlet wiring installation. Why not let us take care of the job for you? We can help you choose the right outlet for your home, such as:
- Smart outlets, which allow you to control connected devices with your phone
- 20A outlets, perfect for high electricity demands
- USB outlets
- AFCI outlets for superior fire protection
- Switched outlets
Electrical Outlets on the Fritz? Let Us Help!
If your outlet won’t provide power anymore, you need electrical outlet repair. But sometimes, the signs of a faulty outlet aren’t so obvious. Here are a few signs you should call Craig’s Electrical & Generator Service now:
- Plugs won’t stay in place: If plugs fall out of an outlet, your outlet needs to be replaced promptly. Failing to do so could cause sparking, leading to a fire, so this is not an issue to take lightly.
- Melting and scorch marks: Burn marks or melted plastic around the outlet could indicate a serious problem that needs expert help. Don’t let this problem go, either.
- Burning odors: Outlets should never emit a burning odor. If you smell something burning, it could mean the outlet is getting dangerously hot. Call in a professional for immediate assistance.
- Inconsistent power: Does your outlet work fine one minute and fail the next? Your home’s wiring may be unable to keep up with power demands.
If your outlets are the old, two-pronged sort, we may suggest upgrading them to three-pronged outlets rather than making repairs. The newer three-pronged outlets are much safer than the outdated two-prong variety.
Why Choose Craig’s Electrical & Generator Service?
We know you have many choices for electrical outlet installation and repair in New Orleans. Here’s why we’re the best choice:
- We have an average 4.8 out of five star rating from customers
- We’re professional, courteous, and always on time
- We’ll never push you into buying services or products you don’t need
- We provide 24/7 emergency maintenance
- We offer free estimates
Schedule Repairs or Outlet Wiring Installation Near New Orleans, LA
Need outlet wiring installation or repair in New Orleans, Metairie, Northshore, or elsewhere in the greater southeast Louisiana area? Reach out to the pros from Craig’s Electrical & Generator Service today! Call us at (504) 677-1023 to learn more about our services and make an appointment.